The Power of Word-Of-Mouth for Dental Practices
What is word-of-mouth marketing and how does it work for dental practices specifically?
Word-of-mouth marketing (WOMM) is a form of marketing that relies on customers talking to each other about their experiences with a product or service. This can happen offline, through face-to-face interactions, or online, through social media and review sites.
For dental practices, WOMM can be a powerful way to build trust and credibility, attract new patients, and improve retention rates. When done well, it can lead to a virtuous circle of happy patients referring friends and family, who then become happy customers themselves.
The benefits of word-of-mouth marketing for dental practices
Word-of-mouth marketing can be an extremely valuable tool for dental practices. When patients are happy with their experience and tell their friends and family about it, this benefits your practice because new patients come in and existing patients stay longer.
There are a few key benefits of word-of-mouth marketing for dental practices:
- Builds trust and credibility: When patients see that other people they know and trust have had positive experiences with a dental practice, they are more likely to give that practice a try themselves. This is especially true if the person making the recommendation is someone whose opinion they value, such as a family member or close friend.
- Attracts new patients: One of the best ways to get new patients is through referrals from existing patients. If your dental practice has a good reputation, word-of-mouth can help you attract a steady stream of new business.
- Improves retention rates: Happy customers are more likely to stick around, and word-of-mouth can help keep them coming back. When patients have positive experiences and tell their friends about it, this can create a feedback loop that keeps existing patients engaged and helps you attract new ones.
- Generates organic growth: Word of mouth marketing is an extremely cost-effective way to grow your dental practice, especially in the long run.
- Can be measured and tracked: In the past, it was difficult to track the impact of word-of-mouth marketing. However, with modern technology, it’s now possible to measure how many new patients you’re getting from referrals and online reviews. This data can be extremely valuable in helping you fine-tune your marketing strategy.
How to generate word-of-mouth marketing for your dental practice
There are a few things to keep in mind when using WOMM as part of your dental marketing strategy:
1. Make sure your product or service is actually worth talking about. This seems like obvious advice, but it’s important to remember that no amount of marketing can make up for a poor product or service. If you want people to talk about your dental practice, you need to give them a reason to do so.
2. Focus on creating a great patient experience. This is the key to getting people to talk about your dental practice in a positive way. From the moment they walk in the door, patients should feel valued and well-cared-for. If you can deliver an exceptional experience, word will spread.
3. Use social media to amplify WOMM. Social media is a great way to get the word out about your dental practice. When patients post positive reviews or recommendations on sites like Google or Facebook their friends, followers, and prospective patients have a very good chance of seeing it. You can also use social media to directly ask patients for referrals.
4. Make it easy for patients to refer you. The easier you make it for patients to refer you, the more likely they are to do so. You can also make it easy for patients to share your contact information by providing business cards, flyers, or other marketing materials.
5. Keep an eye on what people are saying. It’s important to keep track of what people are saying about your dental practice, both online and off. This way, you can address any negative reviews or feedback quickly and prevent any potential damage to your reputation. Consider using Connect the Doc’s review monitoring system to stay on the pulse of your online reviews.
By following these tips, you can make WOMM work for your dental practice. Happy patients will refer their friends and family, and you’ll reap the benefits in the form of new business. So start delivering great experiences and let the word-of-mouth marketing begin! Contact us today if you have any further questions.