3 Tips to Increase New Patient Conversions on Your Dental Website
Converting new patient leads from your dental website is probably an important goal for your practice. With that said, you may be wondering: what can your dental practice do to ensure that the visitors on your website turn into conversions and ultimately new patients? Here are three tips that will make it easier to convert website visitors to new patients.
01. Have an eye-catching and user-friendly website design (including mobile)
As we all know, first impressions are very important. That is why having a well designed and mobile friendly website is crucial to converting website visitors into potential patients. Here’s what constitutes a user-friendly website:
- Information about your practice, team, and services is easy to find
- Your website is strategically planned out, with an emphasis on call to actions
- Your website is speedy. It’s important that your website loads properly and efficiently so that visitors stay on the site.
When crafting the design and layout of your website, try to avoid these common mistakes:
- Looking outdated (images not on brand, tone or message is inconsistent, using broken links, old or inaccurate information)
- Hiding information (making it hard to find important links, etc)
Having a Mobile-Friendly Website
According to Statista in 2021, 54.4% of website traffic worldwide was driven by mobile devices. Mobile-optimized websites are essential these days because many prospective patients are using their phones when navigating the web for a new dentist.
Here are a few tips to keep your website mobile optimized:
- Making the easy to read on a smaller screen
- Having mobile-friendly navigation
- Having fast load times on mobile devices
- Making the buttons touch-friendly
Implementing these tips can give you a competitive edge and can also help with:
- Search visibility
- User experience
- Site speed
- Mobile conversion rate
And according to Brightlocal, 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site. This shows the importance of having a mobile-optimized site in order to increase your website visitors into conversions.
02. Make sure your website content is up-to-date and relevant to your patients and prospective patients (including blog posts)
Just because you have old or outdated content on your site doesn’t mean that it’s a good idea to leave it hoping that no one will stumble across it. Outdated content can ruin your authority and trustworthiness as a source of information which can cause your rankings to drop.
Here are some tips to keep your content up to date:
- Update older posts and pages (look out for old references, links, statistics, events, dates and personal information)
- Remove outdated posts from your website
- Stay up to date with dental specific news
Having an up to date blog is great for SEO and patient experience. Using specific keywords in your articles is a great way to tell Google and other search engines to find and rank your site based on content.
Relevant content on your blog also shows prospective patients (and search engines) that you’re a source to be trusted.
Some benefits of having a blog include:
- Promotes your practice
- Keeps your audience interested
- Attracts new patients
- Shares meaningful and relevant content
- Portrays you as an expert in your field
Overall, consistently publishing quality content will provide many benefits. And with this consistent information will come increased website traffic and conversions as you become a more and more trusted dental practice.
03. Use effective calls to action on your website
Things like “Contact us today” and “Book Now” are considered Call to actions (CTAs). Call to actions are most effective when you apply a few tips:
- Make the CTA stand out (a bright or contrasting colored button can help with this)
- Use different types of CTAs (button, text, pop-up, image — having a variety can help to make them stand out)
- Make them short and concise (e.g. Contact Us Today, Get A Free Consultation)
Why are call to actions important?
A well structured CTA creates a better user experience. You give prospective patients the opportunity to contact your office and schedule an appointment.
In summary, to increase new patient conversions on your dental website there are three main tips that we recommended:
- Have an eye-catching, mobile-friendly website design
- Make sure your website content is up-to-date and relevant to your target audience (including blog posts)
- Use effective call to actions throughout your website
At Connect the Doc, we strive to help our clients with their dental marketing needs. If you are a dental practice that’s considering a new website, we’d love to chat. Contact us today for more information on how we can help.