5 Tips for a Better Landing Page
In these tech-savvy times, we all need to make sure that our websites — especially our landing pages — are up to snuff and designed to attract and convert the maximum amount of clients. Here are 5 simple ways to improve your landing page:
1. A clear Call-to-action:
- Don’t leave your visitors scratching their heads about what to do once they get to your website.
- Don’t have too many call-to-actions to clutter up your webpage.
2. Don’t ask for too much information online
- Don’t ask too many questions on your website, or visitors will feel that it’s not worth their time
- Only ask the minimum information that you need: usually first name/last name and email is good enough
3. Don’t write too much text on your landing page
- Don’t write more text than what you think your visitors are willing to read
4. Get rid of visual distractions:
- Don’t over-decorate your landing page; it will distract visitors from what you really want them to do
- Visual distractions in the form of motions
- Be careful of sliders/banners because they will kill your conversion rate
- Get rid of unnecessary motion gimmicks – they rarely work and only serve to annoy and interrupt visitors
5. Deal with the lack of Trust
- It’s very hard to build trust online
- Make sure your landing page is “trustworthy”: show off your employees, awards, clients, etc.
- Prove to your visitors that your business would be good for them